[csw-maintainers] ruby help

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 15 04:52:23 CET 2008

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun Dec 14 22:26:06 -0500 2008:
> I think the more rigourous thing to do would be for you to explicitly
> mention some of the documentation differences/lackings, and then for
> someone who knows ruby, to explicitly run a test, "yes, these functions
> work ok on both platforms, even though they may not be documented on one
> of them".

`make test` was identical on both platforms...not that it would test
each and every possible function.  This is the extra file generated
when running rdoc almost identically to the way intended for a
non-packaging run:

$ diff i386.txt sparc.txt
1774d1773
< ./IRB/Context/_set_last_value-i.yaml

[relative to share/doc/ruby...with a file list corrected for i386 vs
sparc in the .so directory.]

The results are similar when running it over the installed files,
although with (if memory serves) about 4 files different.  I'll dig
through old mail to find that list (or regenerate the result).
They're all in odd little corners though...

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.