[csw-maintainers] git in testing

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 18 22:18:59 CET 2008

Hi All,

I've dropped the current build of the git* packages in /home/testing.
Currently, these are built for solaris 10 on x86 (I don't have a good
solaris 8 build environment yet and am waiting for the prequisite
packages to be relased so I can do it on the buildfarm).  As yet, I
don't know if there are issues building on solaris 8 at all...time
will tell.

I've done successful clones of some repos (using the ssh transport)
and both gitk and `git gui` fire up their respective tk windows and
seem functional.

I'm sure there are still some rough edges and there are some other
little things that I'll clean up for my own tastes, but the basics
should be in place.

I'd appreciate feedback (positive or negative) on this if you're
willing to take a poke at it.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.