[csw-maintainers] git in testing

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 19 01:54:02 CET 2008

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Dec 18 18:42:30 -0500 2008:
> but in what environment? unless it's a bottom-level library, it has to get
> what it "makes" against, from SOMEWHERE.  does hudson, not get that stuff
> from other things "in hudson" ??

You're right Phil, in that adding git to hudson would currently be
useless since it can't use the dependencies that don't exist yet.  For
packages that do have all dependencies published, I don't see any harm
in having hudson ensure they're continuing to build (think gar
changes, etc)...Even if the package doesn't get better (more
platforms, for example), hudson can make sure it doesn't get worse.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.