[csw-maintainers] new PHP maintainer needed

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Dec 19 16:45:57 CET 2008

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 08:37:05AM -0500, Darin Perusich wrote:
>>> [Philip Brown wrote]
>>> I guess it might be nice if the two things that depend on [php4],
>>> dotproject and drupal, were updated to use php5 though.
>> I believe that version of drupal doesn't support php5, or it supports
>> only an early release. Another one of those instances where we're the
>> dependency of an OLD package is forcing us to keep other old clutter
>> within the software stack.
>
> So, we cant even consider dropping php4, until drupal is updated.

Don't forget Dotproject.

> Ummm.... and who is the maintainer of our drupal package...
> "Darin Perusich".

I wasn't aware it was my package, thanks for pointing that out.

> I find it ironic, that you are complaining about something, that you are
> the primary path to resolution for? :-}

I wouldn't call it complaining, I'm merely pointing out something,
again, that I feel is a deficiency.

As the "primary path to resolution", I propose removing drupal from the
repository.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator