[csw-maintainers] OpenCSW Prefix

Gary Law garylaw at garylaw.net
Sat Nov 1 14:38:42 CET 2008

2008/11/1 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>

> Still, this is completely the right way to go IMHO. I'll try and get my
> packages in there.
>

> This will be done automatically once we have single package
> checkout in GAR. Auto-build on commit :-)

Yay! Exactly the way it should be.   :)

>  Personally, I think OpenCSW has the
> moral right to stick to /opt/csw

Having the moral right is all well and good, but it is not pragmatic to use
/opt/csw indefinitely.

> The question is: will the maintainers here will accept leaving the
> prefix to Blastwave and start with a new one.

I could be wrong, but I guess most maintainers want it somewhere in /opt
that no-one else is using.

> Apart from that it would be cool to allow customized package trees
> with different suffixes (e. g. like optimized trees for T1/T2).
> However, that would impose quite an extra amount for package
> maintainers (not for all, but there are nasty ones).

If we get everything in GAR, and automated builds, lots of stuff becomes
loads easier.

Gary

--
Gary Law