[csw-maintainers] OpenCSW Prefix

Gary Law glaw at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 2 15:54:39 CET 2008

2008/11/2 Trygve Laugstøl <trygvel at opencsw.org>

> >>     Like this :-)
> >>       http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/hudson/
> >>

> >> Oh fantastic. If you dive deep enough through the links eventually
> >> absolute links to:
> >> http://hudson:8070
> >> start appearing, which don't work.
> >
> > Oops. Trygve, any clues how to fix this?
>
> Odd. Where did you find that link?

go here:
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/hudson/
click new job (top left)
takes you here:
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/hudson/newJob
job name: test - ignore - 3
select copy job from, and input
jetty6 - sparc-solaris2.8
click ok, takes you here:
http://hudson:8070/hudson/job/test%202%20--%20ignore/configure

> I don't care what we do as all the packages should be rebuilt for
> Solaris 9+ anyway, but the only thing that matters is what our consumers
> need.
>
> If we are to move we really need to document how to transition from the
> Original Blastwave packages to the new OpenCSW packages. Perhaps it is
> an alternative to use /opt/opencsw for the binary root and use
> /etc/opt/csw for configuration files?

you'll hit collisions again if you go for /etc/opt/csw ... needs to be
/etc/opt/opencsw too...

B T W has anyone got a link to the GAR documentation? All the pages on the
opencsw site talk about building things the long/difficult/many manual steps
way...

Thanks

Gary

--