[csw-maintainers] checkpkg error

Markus Mayer mmayer at mmayer.net
Wed Nov 5 21:20:52 CET 2008

On Wednesday, 05 Nov 2008 10:52 -0800, Philip Brown wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 10:31:30AM -0800, Markus Mayer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody know where this error is coming from?
>
>you goofed, that's where :-)
>
>> Looking at pkginfo I see this:
>>
>> VERSION=1.3.9,REV=2008.11.02
>
>They dont match!

Okay, that makes sense. But I still see two issues:

1) the error message checkpkg prints is misleading (the full version
field is present, there is a mismatch, however).

2) Where are the dates coming from? I didn't specify either one. I was
simply testing the packaging by re-packaging a previously compiled CUPS
tree.

One date is obviously today's, the other one seems to be when the
package was built. I don't want to have to rebuild everything simply to
get the dates right, if all I want to do is package up the binaries I
already have.

Regards,
-Markus