[csw-maintainers] checkpkg error

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Nov 5 21:30:12 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 12:20:52PM -0800, Markus Mayer wrote:
> 2) Where are the dates coming from? I didn't specify either one. I was
> simply testing the packaging by re-packaging a previously compiled CUPS
> tree.

I'm guessing "from GAR", so I see that as a bug in gar.
If you do it "the old fashioned way", using my createpkg script, you never
have this problem, since it always creates the filename based on the
pkginfo ;-)

> One date is obviously today's, the other one seems to be when the
> package was built. I don't want to have to rebuild everything simply to
> get the dates right, if all I want to do is package up the binaries I
> already have.

Well, you might consider using createpkg then, for this specific rebuild.

reminder: if you have valid pkginfo, depend, copyright, prototype files
in your current directory, then all you need do is type

createpkg -r  /path/to/relative-root

and it will build the package for you, presuming you have your binaries
layed out in some tree like

/path/to/relative-root/opt/csw/bin/blahblah

If you have them "installed normally", directly to /opt/csw, then you could
use

createpkg -r /

and it would work,as long as you have pkginfo and so on, in your current
dir.