[csw-maintainers] Contents of devel@ list

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 7 20:59:32 CET 2008

Hi Phil,

Am 07.11.2008 um 20:50 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 08:43:37PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> For me it is interesting when my packages get processed and are
>> batched
>> to current/. The newpkgs@ list is for users who want to know what is
>> released (BTW: We should provide RSS for released to current/ also.
>> Phil? ;-)
>
> Hmm.. perhaps I misunderstood what you were asking. I thought when you
> described "batched to current", you were talking about "when it is
> released", as the same thing.
> But you seem to be referring to them as different things now.
> Perhaps you could clarify?

When I move a package to www.opencsw.org:/newpkgs I write a
mail to the unstable release manager (read: you) and you
process it. This usually occurs within a day or two and
you usually write back a mail that the package is accepted.
The idea is to have this formalized like that when you
batch the package for master mirror distribution an email
is send automatically to devel@ that this has been done.