[csw-maintainers] request pkg(s) installed on buildfarm

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Sun Nov 9 17:13:48 CET 2008

Hi

> Do you mean this?
>    pkg-get -c|grep -v SAME|grep -v "Not installed"
>
> Should the email go to the farm manager to fix this ASAP
> or once per day to devel@?

It is a good idea

Maybe we should have a set of scripts for monitoring machines in the
build farm ? Each machine in the farm would run the same scripts used
for monitoring and reporting. Package installed on the build machine are
one of the needs. We could also add disk space monitoring. Even if then
problem has not yet been encountered it would be useful to report this
before it happens :)

We could also setup a nagios monitoring this kind of things. There is
not yet a plugin used to monitor package installation, but i think it
could be done.

Cheers,
W.