[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 11 17:24:49 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:16:59AM -0500, Ben Walton wrote:
> A few ideas:
>
> 1. Does the standard perl as shipped on sol8 include Net::HTTP

no.

only IO::Socket comes close.

I suggested that peter include Net::Ftp and use that.

> 3. Include ascii-armored(/clear-signed?) versions of the applicable wget
> binaries in the share/doc/pkgutil/bootstrap part of the packages' file
> tree?

It's not the issue of "binary" so much as it is "arch specific".
ascii "arch specific" data is not allowed in "ARCH=all" either.

As a side note:
At the top level of every mirror is  "wget.sparc" and "wget.i386".
it is fairly easy to either use perl-ftp, or /bin/ftp, to grab them
automatically, if needed.