[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 14 10:41:51 CET 2008

Hi,

Am 13.11.2008 um 18:08 schrieb Yann Rouillard:
> William Bonnet a écrit :
>> Once FF3 is built, I would like to work on an automated procedure
>> that
>> would notify maintainers of updates (ie : I would receive an email
>> notifying me that FF 2.0.0.17 is no longer the latest available,
>> 2.0.0.18 is available). I talked about this with Yann a few monthes
>> ago.
>> It seems something exists in GAR but i never managed to get it
>> working.
>
> It's currently a ugly hack and I am not sure it still works.

Yann, would you be willing to take a look at it?

Am 13.11.2008 um 22:10 schrieb William Bonnet:
>> I am thinking of tailoring UFILES_REGEX (the GAR update mechanism)
>> to Mantis to automatically generate an UPDATE request for that
>> package which then gets mailed to the maintainer via Mantis.
>> That way  it is clearly visible through bug workflow tools what needs
>> to be done.
>>

> If think it is what i was asking for, even better :)
>
> Tell me if you need a tester or some help to set it up. There is a lot
> of packages to process...

William, what is needed after the mechanism in general works
is  updating all Makefile with UFILES_REGEX to actually look
for updated versions. If you could help updating all the Makefile
would be great.

After that we can integrate the found results in Mantis.