[csw-maintainers] Java... again!

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Nov 17 18:15:56 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:06:20AM -0600, Joshua Buysse wrote:
> Would it be worth considering debian's alternatives system?  There are
> other places it could be used as well (multiple versions of perl,
> python, ruby, etc.)

it might be.

My personal philosophy when comparing things to "how debian does it",
is to write up a top level abstract of "what it does",
[being as specific as possible, while explicitly  NOT including implementation
 details]

Then consider whether we need/want it

Then, IF the answer is yes, consider what implementations might be like.