[csw-maintainers] /testing - BIND 9.4.2-P2, MailScanner 4.71, SpamAssassin 3.2.5, TNEF 1.4.5

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 19 22:12:17 CET 2008

I have a few updated packages in testing and would like some help if possible.

Bind is a small update from the very important one this summer but it
could still be very interesting since the security fix is now a more
permanent one that should consume less resources. Many of us noticed
that Bind used more resources to do the same job so it will be
interesting to see if that is now better again.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/bind-9.4.2,REV=2008.11.19_rev=P2-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/bind-9.4.2,REV=2008.11.19_rev=P2-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

The second one is MailScanner, 4.72 has just been released but only
supports ClamAV 0.94 which we don't yet have here so I'm going to
release 4.71 instead and keep working on ClamAV. I have included SMF
support in the package now.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/mailscanner-4.71.10.1,REV=2008.11.18-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg.gz

This one may interest many of you. I took over the package from Alex
Moore and didn't find much documentation but I have tried to package
it exactly as he did so not to cause any problems. The only intended
change is that "local state dir" (where sa-update downloads rules) is
changed from /opt/csw/var to /var/opt/csw/spamassassin.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/spamassassin-3.2.5,REV=2008.11.19-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/spamassassin-3.2.5,REV=2008.11.19-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

Last one is a small utility to decode Microsoft's intrusion into the
mail world. They couldn't use HTML to format mail like everyone else
but had to invent their own format and happily sends it over the
internet even though only Outlook (Lookout?) can parse it. When you
get a winmail.dat file you know you have been TNEF:ed. :-) This
utility can decode that file and is used by e.g. MailScanner to
automatically replace TNEF in a transparent fashion.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/tnef-1.4.5,REV=2008.11.18-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/tnef-1.4.5,REV=2008.11.18-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

--
/peter