[csw-maintainers] Merry christmas!

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 23 21:49:46 CET 2008

Fellow maintainers!

I know it is not christmas yet, but I am happy to announce
a new Sparc machine for package building. The current machine is a
   SF280R with 1 x 750 MHz, 2 GB Ram and 7 x 250 GB SCSI-IDE
The new machine is a
   T5220, 4 x 1.2 GHz Cores (32 Strands), 8 GB Ram, 8 x 146 GB SAS
It will be available for Solaris 10 Sparc package building,
Solaris 8 Sparc package building (via Solaris 8 Branded Zones),
Hudson Continous Integration and LDAP.

For the transition I will need to temporarily disable some
functions on the current machine as services will move over
to the new machine one at a time. I will announce downtimes
when needed.

...and theres more good news: There will be temporarily an
additional x86 machine available. It is a
   X4440 with 4 x AMD 8356 2.3 GHz (16 cores total), 16 GB Ram
for Solaris 10 x86 package building. I'll announce when
it is ready to use.

So, when you're idling along now is the time to start some
big packages like qt4 or gcc.