[csw-maintainers] IMPORTANT: Transition to mGAR

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Nov 28 00:11:45 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 11:52:46PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> > Now I want to add a new perl module, what's the procedure ?
>

> Try this:
>
> 	• svn -N co https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/cpan
> 	• cd cpan
> 	• gmake newpkg-My-New-Module
> 	• cd My-New-Module/trunk
> 	• Edit the Makefile etc.
> 	• svn add <file> for everything valuable in your package
> 	• cd ../..
> 	• svn -m "cpan/My-New-Module: Initial commit" commit
>
> Feedback as always welcome.

It might be nice, if it were possible to make some kind of set of
wrappers.

something along the lines of

$ [makenewproj]
    (which pulls down a bunch of templates)

    (or contrariwise, [getmyproj], which pulls down the relevant
         stuff)

$ [savemystuffs]

Having to manually do a bunch of svn stuff, seems like kind of a hassle.
especialy with typing that longugly(tm) stuff to the svn repository. seems
like that should be made transparent somehow. it's extremely ugly, to my
eyes.