[csw-maintainers] Popularity statistics

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 28 21:22:59 CET 2008

On 24/11/08, 20:45:27, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote
regarding Re: [csw-maintainers] Popularity statistics:

> Another simple thing would be to use James' package list to find the
> oldest packages (with his Last Changed field). A quick review of those
> might find us a lot of packages that need updates but are orphaned.

"Last Changed" has been superseded by the REV date in version but
for a per maintainer summary look at the "Last activity date" on my
maintainer pages.

Even this isn't a true test as perhaps a package doesn't need rebuild
- I have packages where the upstream source hasn't change in over 10
years (http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~plass/gv)/.

Another activity measure is the last login dates, run this on
login.bo.opencsw.org if you are interested:

last | nawk '!/^reboot/&&!/^wtmp/{print $1}' | sort | uniq

James.