[csw-maintainers] Hudson

Trygve Laugstøl trygvel at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 29 18:16:28 CET 2008

Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Hi
>
> The Hudson installation is getting pretty much properly set up now. I've
> added a few projects to it, but it seems that we have a bunch of
> outdated builds so that GAR is not able to fetch the sources.
>
> As an example build I've added Ben Waldons latest sgml-xml-common package:
>
> http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/hudson/job/sgml-xml-common-trunk-sparc-sun-solaris2.8/4/console
>
> I'm waiting on a chmod from Dago to get the i386 builder going, but
> after that it should work on that platform too.
>
> As you can see the packages are put in /local/hudson/gar/pkgs. What I
> would like to do now is to get Hudson to put all of those packages to a
> NFS share, run a job to create a catalog and then export that to our
> consumers.

I just realized that there used to be a /home/hudson and that work just
fine for us. So I made a small script that simply runs bldcat in the two
directories so if [1] would be exposed to the public people could start
to download the packages right away!

$ (cd /home/hudson/repository; find hudson)
hudson
hudson/i386
hudson/i386/5.8
hudson/i386/5.8/catalog
hudson/sparc
hudson/sparc/5.8
hudson/sparc/5.8/sgmlcommon-0.6.3,REV=2008.11.29-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg.gz
hudson/sparc/5.8/xmlcommon-0.6.3,REV=2008.11.29-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg.gz
hudson/sparc/5.8/catalog
hudson/sparc/5.8/tomcat4-4.1.37,REV=2008.11.29-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg.gz

(I called the repository "hudson" to clearly separate it from the other
repositories, but I would like a more generic name, perhaps something
like "devel")

[1]: nfs:/home/hudson/repository/

--
Trygve