[csw-maintainers] Font packages

Alexander Maier amaier at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 1 17:58:36 CEST 2009

Am 31.03.2009 um 12:20 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:

> How do we go about adding font packages? Let's suppose I have a font
> what I want to package. Let it be Terminus[1], for the sake of the
> exercise. Can it be somehow integrated with Sun-provided X server in
> Solaris 10? Are there established practices about including fonts in
> OpenCSW?

I think one have to distinguish between fonts for "classic X apps"
with local/remote xfs and fonts for apps using libfreetype/fontconfig
(based on GTK or Qt).

In the latter case I would suggest to put these fonts into /opt/csw/
share/fonts (e.g. Microsoft TrueType fonts or Red Hat Liberation fonts).

Terminus seems to be a classic X11/Motif font, so it would probably be
better off somewhere below /opt/csw/X11 (as Phil has suggested).

-Alexander