[csw-maintainers] Runtime linker pathes in GAR

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 1 19:11:37 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> James is currently in the tedious task of reviewing all
> runtime linker pathes from the packages.

Just for clarification: is it only about correcting those incorrectly
quoted RUNPATHs or are we supposed to also adjust the RUNPATH (via
LINKER_FLAGS or similar) depending on what our applications use (i.e.
drop .../$ISALIST or even /opt/csw/lib completely)?

I personally would prefer to just have GAR corrected WRT to the $ISALIST
quoting issue and not add more intelligence to the build description,
except maybe for applications where the startup delay might have a
performance impact.

Sebastian