[csw-maintainers] Runtime linker pathes in GAR

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 1 20:19:08 CEST 2009

On 01/04/09, 18:11:37, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote
regarding Re: [csw-maintainers] Runtime linker pathes in GAR:

> Just for clarification: is it only about correcting those incorrectly
> quoted RUNPATHs or are we supposed to also adjust the RUNPATH (via
> LINKER_FLAGS or similar) depending on what our applications use (i.e.
> drop .../$ISALIST or even /opt/csw/lib completely)?

You can drop /opt/csw/lib when behind /opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST
because the arch dir for the minimum arch is a link back to
/opt/csw/lib, provided by CSWcommon.

$ ls -l /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          1 Jun 22  2008
/opt/csw/lib/sparcv8
-> .

This means there will be a match before the end of the $ISALIST.

$ isalist
sparcv9+vis sparcv9 sparcv8plus+vis sparcv8plus sparcv8 sparcv8-fsmuld
sparcv7 sparc

would match at sparcv8 even with no arch libs, so skipping sparcv7
etc. which are never in CSW anyway.  Hence never needs /opt/csw/lib
after.

James.