[csw-maintainers] RPATH in GAR

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 5 23:17:17 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am 02.04.2009 um 14:22 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> The usage of the rewritten module is documented at
>  <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/wiki/RuntimeLinkerPathes>
>
> In the easiest case it should be sufficient to do just a
> rebuild and everything should be fine. However, the new
> structure gives you fine-grained control of the pathes
> to be added.
>
> Feel free to ask if there are any issues.

I found another issue: if an application adds somehow runtime linker
pathes themselves the resulting binary contains pathes similar to
   /opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST:/opt/csw/lib:/opt/csw/lib
beginning with the one or two correct pathes from LD_OPTIONS and then
some redundant stuff added from the application. James proposed to use
some compiler-interposer which strips and reorders certain flags before
passing them to the real compiler. If someone has a less-intrusive idea
then it would be taken very well :-)