[csw-maintainers] inetd.conf entries for solaris 10

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Apr 6 20:21:52 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 02:11:29PM -0400, Darin Perusich wrote:
> This is why I'm asking for documentation or an example of creating a
> package in such a way. While SMF may be the "proper" way on 10 I'm going
> to do what works, has always worked, and still does, init.d script and
> inetconv for inetd things.

oh... so to be specific, you're looking at examples of how to handle stuff
in inetd.conf for sol8/9, IN CONTRAST to the solaris 10 way?

That rather clashes with the subject line :-}

I'm not sure we really have a set way. I think most demons we have packages,
either avoid inetd entirely, or just leave it up to the user to
edit the file when and if they want to.

You COULD make a package for it, that does nothing to the inetd conf.
Or you could make an explicit postinstall script.

Or... you could be "noble", and make a new classutils class action script
for it :)

so on sol8/9 it would auto insert/update/.... inetd.conf, and
  in sol10 it would auto SMF it.

you could allow for a file like for the cswusergroup class....

/opt/csw/etc/pkg/[pkgname]/cswinetdconf

with one or more lines in inetdconf style, that would be the trigger
for the class action script.
Although you would also potentially require some entries for any
"new" /etc/services entries, if they were required.