[csw-maintainers] static libraries lib*.a in our packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Apr 8 20:17:04 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 01:07:52PM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:
> If we are compiling an "application" that offers both static and dynamic.
> I would say compile them both and offer the static in a devel package along
> with the headers.

Err.. did you mean "library"?

we do not offer statically compiled "applications". all of our stuff is
compiled against the static lib.
[i also dont see how an "application" belongs in a devel package]

Peter was not proposing offering our own statically compiled applications;
only offering more static libraries for people to compile things themselves
statically.