[csw-maintainers] libcurl and 64 bit on x86

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Apr 15 16:03:36 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 08:57:51AM -0500, Chad Harp wrote:

> curl does a check to make sure that CURL_SIZEOF_LONG == sizeof(long), so
>   by changing CURL_SIZEOF_LONG to sizeof(long) I'd just be saying
> sizeof(long) == sizeof(long). :)

sounds appropriate, really.

possibly the reason the define for CURL_SIZEOF_LONG exists, is because in
some situations and with some compilers, it must have a fixed number in the
define, rather than an operation-style macro.

but if our compiler is happy with it, then just use it.
although we might need  extra parens, to be safe:

#define CURL_SIZEOF_LONG (sizeof(long))