[csw-maintainers] holey blackhole files, batman! pkginfo oddities

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Apr 30 21:12:54 CEST 2009

Just as a reference to others/for the future;

I had a problem where I was tryign to update CSWglib2.
it got stuck, becaus of zone problems.

i ended up downloading the newer version, and installing manually.

but.... pkg-get kept saying I still needed to "upgrade" it!
?!!...

after use of truss, I discovered an interesting "feature" of pkginfo. (ugh)

there was a leftover magical directory,

/var/sadm/pkg/.save.CSWglib2

It kept looking in THERE, instead of the proper

/var/sadm/pkg/CSWglib2

for the installed file information.

once i trashed that directory, things finally proceeded properly.