[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sat Aug 1 14:56:02 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 19:49, Peter FELECAN<pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> I've split the thread about the build systems into another one, and
>> I'd like to go back to the buildbot topic. Are there any comments
>> about the design or deployment plan?
>
> Split or not split, my comments are valid for this
> discussion. Consequently, please take into account this design
> requirements:
>
> 1. The buildbot deployment must be done on a separate hardware from that
>   used for the regular, "manual", builds.

as the buildbot does only builds on changes i am unsure if this is
necessary, as the builds get much nicer distributed. and if the build
bot only builds out of finished tags, not every checkin necessarily
leads to a build.

as i am not paying the bill i'd have a hard time to make others pay a bill ;)

rupert.