[csw-maintainers] HowTo question with mGAR

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 3 21:52:41 CEST 2009

Hi Mike,

Am 31.07.2009 um 22:17 schrieb Mike Watters:
> Can someone tell me how to include "extra" package admin files using
> mGAR.
> I have 3 custom class scripts that I need to include in the package
> but can't
> figure out how to force gar to include them.

There are two things that you must do:
1. put the class action files in the prototype with "i [i|r].<class>"
2. make the [i|r].<class> file available

This could be done with a prototype filter, however this is pretty
ugly right
now. First, add your class action to DISTFILES:

DISTFILES = i.admin

Then you need the prototype filter adding the line to the prototype.
However, this is evaluated twice right now: once for .prototype and
once for .prototype-$(GARCH), which is then used for the package.
We must therefore take the line out and then insert it to work on
dual invocation. It looks something like this:

PROTOTYPE_FILTER = (fgrep -v "i.admin";echo "i i.admin=\$$$
$WORKDIR_FIRSTMOD/i.admin")

Pretty ugly, but works. I imagine that something like
DISTFILES = prototype-prepend
would be useful. Or CLASSACTIONS = myinstall which just does everything
automatically.

...and the double invocation of the prototype filter should be removed.

Would you please file a bug report for GAR as I am a bit overloaded
right now and don't want to forget this.