[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 4 15:07:08 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Mon Aug 03 15:06:16 -0400 2009:

> I like this approach - it is simple. We are talking about the
> packages of three maintainers here. Phil, Peter, James: Would you be
> willing to commit your recipes to the repository with these three
> entry points?

...I've thought about this more over the weekend and I think that it
is important that the standard trunk/branches/tags convention be
maintained even for things not using GAR.  Maybe a script in the 'top
level' for each package named 'build' that can be any executable
(either driving the make, or running whatever scripted steps are
desirable as per James' comments) that had as the only requirement the
final production of package files (no patch/build/package
intermediates...no args).

Sticking to svn best practices will make it easier in the future if
it's ever wanted/needed to move from svn to something else.  No
intermediate steps makes it much easier for everyone to wrap up what
already exists for their non-GAR packaging.

What do people think of this?  [Specifically those not using GAR...]

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.