[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 4 17:34:49 CEST 2009

"Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Peter FELECAN<pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:

>>> The GAR packages will be the main focus now, since they comprise about
>>> 91% builds (that I know of, that is, ~1083 out of ~1186). Once we're
>>> there, we can extend support to other build sources. Of course, it
>>> would make it easier to implement if a code repository was available
>>> to buildbot.
>>
>> Are you sure for the figures above?
>
> Do you want to argue about the figures? :-)
>
> I counted the packages I knew about: the number of subdirectories in
> mgar/pkg, plus mgar/pkg/cpan, plus number of packages listed on your
> maitainer page. Feel free to offer better figures! :-)

Of course I'm arguing about the figures: as Dag said there are at least
3 maintainers not using gar --- IMHO there are more than that.

The total number of packages in the unstable i386 5.8 catalog is 2052.

The number of the presumed 3 non gar maintainers packages is 331.

This doesn't match your numbers but I invite you to argue on the
contrary.

Anyhow, the proportion is roughly 1 in 7, 16% of the packages are not
gar built.
--
Peter