[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 5 11:14:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Maciej (Matchek)
Blizinski<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Going back to the topic of buildbot, I think there's consensus that we
> can and should have a common interface to package builds. I've updated
> the draft document at http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildbot to reflect
> that.

I doubt that defining an API for non-GAR is going to make any
difference. Those not using GAR probably does so because they have
invested heavily in their own methods of doing stuff. The problem is
probably not GAR itself but getting them to do extra work when their
current method works. If they could/wanted to spend time doing
something different I think they could convert directly to GAR
instead. This is based on what I thought before starting to use GAR
myself and also why I still have one package not converted.

I see that you have started http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildfarm-setup,
Dago already has this page: http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildfarm.

--
/peter