[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Aug 5 11:39:49 CEST 2009

Hi

> To complicate the issues even further, I've recently found this page:
> http://www.opencsw.org/package-gar-status.html - According to the
> presented list, 843 out of 2061 packages are in GAR. That would make
> about 41% of all the packages. (BTW, how is this list generated? I
> guess there's a script somewhere...)

This list is generated by a script running nightly with upstream watch.
These tools are curently separeted, but merged version is almost done.
This is part of what i started to commit over the last days (the
database model and perl scripts we have been talking by email).

These statistics are only bare numbers. They will be more accurate in a
few days (i hope before Oslo ;) ). The problem is the following... This
page display the number of packages, and the number of packages
available from GAR. But i do not (yet) check that the package in the
catalog is the one from GAR...

It is also missing informations about upstream and GAR version (which
can be different from the package version). This is where i will plug
upstream watch on this page. I also have a script from Dago to plug on
this.

Most of this is done in the devel version. I have started to clean my
code and to commit it to SF as it goes through testing and "cleaning"
(adding license stuff, comments, and such).

I should have done most of the back at the beginning of the next week,
and will start to release my GUI and plug it into wordpress web site
mockup.
> Going back to the topic of buildbot, I think there's consensus that we
> can and should have a common interface to package builds. I've updated
> the draft document at http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildbot to reflect
> that.

I go and read this :) I'm latet at reading my emails (amongst many other
things...)

cheers
W.