[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 5 13:09:48 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 04.08.2009 um 17:26 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> The issue with this is that to work I need to commit in an additional
> repository, from my point of view who has one here, hundreds of
> components among them: the build system and the recipes; also it
> will be
> necessary to adapt my build system in the buildbot context --- don't
> tell me that it isn't the case, I have many years of regression
> testing,
> which implies automatic builds. Thus, as I wrote earlier, I don't
> think
> that I have the motivation to find the energy to do this.

The important thing for me is not the buildbot, but to have a repository
which contains the build scripts and describe the nits and bolts of
configuring the source. It would IMHO even ok to have something line
csw/legacy/<maintainer>/ with whatever packaging stuff. The important
thing is to have it in the repo. And only after that comes usability
and everyting else.