[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 5 13:33:33 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 05.08.2009 um 10:25 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> To complicate the issues even further, I've recently found this page:
> http://www.opencsw.org/package-gar-status.html - According to the
> presented list, 843 out of 2061 packages are in GAR. That would make
> about 41% of all the packages. (BTW, how is this list generated? I
> guess there's a script somewhere...)

William has a script. I guess it works pretty simple by comparing
package names and versions. In newer packages there are some variables
in pkginfo set that uniqely identify packages build with GAR.

> Going back to the topic of buildbot, I think there's consensus that we
> can and should have a common interface to package builds. I've updated
> the draft document at http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildbot to reflect
> that.
>
> I have a question about the buildfarm setup. If we could (which we
> probably don't and won't, but anyway...) get more hardware to set up
> another buildfarm, how such buildfarm should be laid out? How many
> physical machines are necessary? (I'm guessing, at least one sparc and
> at last one x86.) What should be the specifications of the machines?
> (proc/ram/disk) How should the filesystem be laid out? Do we have such
> documentation, and if not, can a person with that knowledge do a brain
> dump?

I have writte something at
   <http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildfarm>
If you need more details in a specific area I'd be happy to add that
information (apart from talking about it in Oslo :-)