[csw-maintainers] Gimp question

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Sat Aug 8 19:48:08 CEST 2009

I am running CSW gimp 2.4.3 and have the following question.

When I try to open a new file (File->Open), the pop-up selection menu
navigates to a directory with JPEG files, each time I select (single-click)
on a file, it says "Creating preview...", but no preview is shown and the
error console show the error message:

    Image type 'png' is not supported

Is this a known problem that everyone experiences?

Also, gimp has not been updated in ages.  Are there any plans to produce
a more modern version of this extremely important package?  Gimp is
currently at stable version 2.6.6!

Someone taking this on might also look at the companion GAP (Gimp Animation
Package) which is also available for use with gimp 2.6.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040