[csw-maintainers] Proposed changes to the packages database

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Aug 19 21:56:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <
maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> > If you want a unique primary key, you should be using the mantis project
> id
> > number, which exists already.
>
> What's the reason? It's a different database, one cannot join the
> tables between mantis and the CSW database anyway, can one?

Yup, you sure can. Because the two "databases" are running in a single mysql
demon.

you just have to specify things as   DB.table   instead of just   table.

> Does mantis know about package dependencies?

no. which is a big reason why the other database exists. The other being for
file contents.

> > Sounds like you and I should have a more in-depth technical discussion.
> > Please tell me more about what you are trying to do.
>
> What do you want to know? I'm writing code which is using the existing
> database structure - only some tables need small changes to make it
> work.

That tells me nothing about what you are actually trying to DO ... ?