[csw-maintainers] GAR RFE: Variable(s) to tag files for classes instead of PROTOTYPE_FILTER

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 24 01:44:38 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Sun Aug 23 18:57:56 -0400 2009:

> This way, a maintainer who wants to package a python module, just sets
> CATEGORIES = python and has sane defaults, including activation of the
> cswpycompile feature. Furthermore the python maintainer can take care of
> this category.mk file to have it reflect best practices and CSW defaults
> for packaging python modules.
>
> There is a sample build description for ZSI [2] based on these changes.
> Diff of the changes to GAR is attached to this mail. What do you think
> (keeping in mind that the specific functionality of i.cswpycompile
> itself is another sub-topic)? Dago?

It looks like a reasonable approach to me.  The only thing I'd point
out is that in a mixed package (a library that provided python
bindings), it _may_ not be appropriate to set category to python...?
It's like a perfect fit for 95% of the cases though.

I'm glad you tackled this!  I hadn't had a chance to get back to it
yet.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.