[csw-maintainers] [OT] The SF book I mentioned

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 24 09:55:53 CEST 2009

The computer science sci-fi book I mentioned at lunch yesterday is
Toast by Charles Stross:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toast-Rusted-Futures-Charles-Stross/dp/1587154137

A quote from author's note about the first story, Antibodies: "(...)
It started with an idea: is it possible to write a hard SF story--one
where relentless extrapolation from a technological or scientific
assumption forms the backbone of the plot--based on algorithmics, the
core of computer science, rather than on physics or biology? (...)"