[csw-maintainers] Removing a package from the catalog

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 24 14:23:10 CEST 2009

There used to be a wxwidgets_gtk2 package. I intend to replace it with
a wxwidgetsrt (wxwidgets_rt?) package. I don't want the old
wxwidgets_gtk2 package to stick around. How can I get rid of it?
Declare it incompatible with the new wxwidgets? It will break people's
automatic installs, I'm afraid. Turn it into an empty package as a
workaround? Any other options?

(If anybody disagrees with the idea of removing _gtk and introducing
_rt, please fork the thread. I'd like to talk about the general case)