[csw-maintainers] Change python modules catalog names to have a py_ prefix (instead of just py)?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Aug 24 21:01:19 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <
maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> pyantlrrt --> py_antlrrt
> pyyaml --> py_yaml
>
> How do we go about the change? Modify catalogname without touching
> pkgname? Will the usual pkg-get/pkgutil update do the right thing?

dependancies are based on CSWname, not software name, so it should "do the
right thing". The places where it will break, are where admins may have
saved procedures, that do things like:

machine1$   pkg-get -l >save-list
  #time passes...
machine2$   pkg-get -i `cat save-list`

Not to mention, changing softwarename is kinda a pain for me to deal with.
But if there are "only a few", then all right.

WITH THE EXCEPTION that, as someone noted, things with actual recognized
name of "pyfoo", should REMAIN "pyfoo", not be artificially split to be
"py_foo" in that case.