[csw-maintainers] delay for releasing packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Aug 24 21:12:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> 3. In theory, it should be quicker to develop since all the
>   boilerplate stuff is there already.[1]
>
> -Ben
>
> [1] Not if you're learning a new language and toolset though.
> --

yes, there is that issue.

my scripts  for this stuff are all in korn shell.
I like korn shell, both because its compact to write, and also because it is
going to be readable, and modifyable, by 80% of sysadmins who look at it. In
contrast to ruby, etc.

(any competant sysadmin, *must* be able to read and understand basic sh
scripts. The same cannot be said about ruby/python/.....)