[csw-maintainers] delay for releasing packages

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 24 21:26:38 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Aug 24 15:12:07 -0400 2009:

> my scripts  for this stuff are all in korn shell.
> I like korn shell, both because its compact to write, and also because it is
> going to be readable, and modifyable, by 80% of sysadmins who look at it. In
> contrast to ruby, etc.

I was only using ruby terminology, not suggesting that ruby be the
language of choice.  I do think alining these two code bases makes
sense, but this is just a suggestion.

Personally, I think _any_ shell language is the wrong choice for
this...not that it won't work, just that it's not the right tool for
the job.

> (any competant sysadmin, *must* be able to read and understand basic sh
> scripts. The same cannot be said about ruby/python/.....)

Agreed, but that's not necessarily the issue at hand.  I would also
add perl to this list and python if not now, soon...

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.