[csw-maintainers] Building all architectures/modulations with GAR with one keypress

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 26 13:59:45 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 26.08.2009 um 13:17 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> Has anyone wrote such script for themselves? What I mean is: To build
> certain package, one needs to compile it on build8s, wait until it's
> finished, gmake clean, compile (gmake merge) it on build8x for 32-bit,
> wait until it's finished, compile for 64-bit on build10x, get back to
> build8x, disable pkgcheck, create the package, move the result to
> /home/testing. I see no reason for it to be a manual procedure. I just
> don't want to reinvent the wheel. Does anyone have such script? If so,
> can you share it?

This is exactly of what I talked about in my GAR presentation :-)
Remember the discussion about pbuild? It already contains some
work towards this, however in the general case there is still
something to do. Feel free to look at the gar/v2-pbuild branch
for details.

In pbuild it will be possible to define which modulations should
be build on what hosts, modulations will be executed in parallel
and monitorable with multitail and package assembly will follow
that automatically.

Deploying things to testing/ is another step we discussed on
Sunday after you left. The protocol will be posted when ready :-)