[csw-maintainers] CSWcswclassutils: it wants to write in /usr

Gary Law glaw at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 2 23:59:14 CET 2009

Hi all

Been chatting with Maciej about a bug/feature I've hit where I can't
properly install CSWcswclassutils, as it wants to write in /usr, and
that's mounted readonly (it's a non-global zone).

Does this mean CSWcswclassutils violates policy? I thought we had to
confine ourselves to /opt, /etc/opt/csw and /var/opt/csw

Maciej suggested non-global zones and/or non-writable /usr aren't
supported by CSW, which may be correct, but is news to me.

Thoughts?

Gary

glaw at opencsw.org