[csw-maintainers] Alternatives

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Dec 7 18:10:03 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Here's an idea: reuse somebody else's work!
> Let's tell the alternatives system that we've got something called
> 'sudo' which is provided by sudo.minimal.

> Thoughts?

Sounds like it has potential.
My two concerns are that

1. you havent spelled out how it would be used by a package, at pkgadd time.

(please note that I explicitly used "pkgadd" there)

2. it should probably have some kind of csw-specific naming, rather
than "update-alternatives"

(not to mentiont that that name is just too durn long!! ;-)