[csw-maintainers] GAR: Preprocessing a postinstall file

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Dec 12 03:53:48 CET 2009

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Fri Dec 11 20:27:14 -0500 2009:
> Suppose I have a file CSWfoo.postinstall, which has some variables
> which need to be substituted before the file can be shipped.
> Something along the lines of:
>
> mycommand=@bindir@/foo

Use the dynamic adm script capability in GAR.

See docbook-style-xsl:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/docbook-style-xsl/trunk/Makefile
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/docbook-style-xsl/trunk/files/CSWdocbookxsl.postinstall

Just be careful to $$ when you need to use a shell variable as the
script is subject to regular Makefile expansion rules.  Also, the
final product will be much less readable than a normal script.

Is this what you're after?

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.