[csw-maintainers] (now about sudo)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 16 00:00:29 CET 2009

Philip Brown wrote on 15.12.2009 22:12:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>>> there is at least ONE "known bug", that you havent fixed: perms on sudo_ldap.
>>> please fix that.
>> I'll pass for now.  I'm offering only the version bump.
>
> It's a trivial change. one line in the prototype file.  I wont accept
> the packages until you fix it.

Disclaimer: no offense intended.

It's not about "the one prototype line". You once pointed out the
importance of volunteers. At the same time we are having discussions
over and over again, many times about subtleties, many times leading
nowhere, where i can't help but to feel a sort of "clever" argumentation
(for the sake of the argument) and a "my way or highway" attitude on
your side. Often this ends up with disgruntled parties, just like here.

Might well be that this is all in a quest for perfection, but we are all
volunteers (including you) and I really think it would help the project,
if someone at a central position like yours would take a step back
sometimes and try to better understand/foster what people are trying to
contribute, instead of hitting them with the "nah, we/you should do it
better, completely different or simply the way I think" autocracy
hammer. In particular, when they are the ones doing the work.

There are always multiple sides of a story. This is how I perceive
things within my INBOX and it simply doesn't feel right to see people
who are passionately contributing to OpenCSW (Maciej in this case,
others in other cases, maybe even you sometimes, or anyone else for that
matter) to go home being frustrated over OpenCSW internals.

Sebastian