[csw-maintainers] Access to the buildfarm via http with Sun Secure Global Desktop

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 16 11:49:27 CET 2009

Hi Rupert,

Am 16.12.2009 um 08:45 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 18:24, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Tue Dec 15 11:51:50 -0500
> 2009:
> > from work? no, nothing but http/s. but i will ask them if i get an
> exception
> > for ssh to opencsw.
>
> the firewall policies allow certain things, and forbid others,
> besides the technical restrictions in place. either there is a
> technically clean possibility in line with the rules (like Sun SGD),
> or i have to go through the paper process for getting a permission
> for "ssh login.opencsw".
>
> but i do not want to break their rules even if technically possible
> (e.g. pierce the firewall by tunneling ssh through 443). if i do not
> like the rules any more it is time to look for another job i guess :)

Fortunately setting up SGD is quite easy. If you want you can try
logging in with accessing
   https://login.opencsw.org
(http is redirected). As it is not an official certificate you must
accept the root cert and add it to your keystore once.

As there needs to be a password set I only opened this for Rupert
for now, if anyone else is interested please mail to buildfarm at .