[csw-maintainers] /etc/subversion, /etc/opt/csw/subversion, /opt/csw/etc/subversion/

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Dec 20 12:10:28 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:40 AM, rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> dagobert filed a subversion bug saying the config file should go in a
> different place:
>
> The configuration for the svn commandline-client is at
>   /etc/subversion/servers
> instead of
>   /etc/opt/csw/subversion/servers
>
> isn't this a standard configuration option and gar should do this?

It depends on the kind of the operating system.  On Solaris, the
convention is that if you're not Sun, you have to install everything
under a custom prefix.  Nothing, if at all possible, goes into /usr or
/etc without a prefix.  We use /opt/csw for everything, except the
directories that must be writable.  Those go into /var/opt/csw and
/etc/opt/csw.

See here, these are files already in this directory put there by other packages:
http://www.opencsw.org/search.php?filename=/etc/opt/csw&searchfiles=1&matchtype=partial

At the same time, these need to be migrated:
http://www.opencsw.org/search.php?filename=/opt/csw/etc&searchfiles=1&matchtype=partial