[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] Out of swap space on build8x

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Dec 20 18:02:28 CET 2009

Hi Rupert,

Am 20.12.2009 um 17:50 schrieb rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 17:04, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>
> wrote:
>> Hi Roger,
>>
>> Am 20.12.2009 um 16:53 schrieb Roger Håkansson:
>>> I keep getting "ube: error: Cannot exec '/opt/studio/SOS11/
>>> SUNWspro/prod/bin/fbe' : Not enough space" on build8x and there
>>> isn't that much free swap space left.
>>> Maybe someone could move /tmp/mbuffer-20091122 and /tmp/doxygen-
>>> apptrace out of the way so 400+MB would become free
>>
>> Done. To other maintainers:
>> - Please use your homedirectory for specific stuff. As ZIL flushing
>>  is turned off it is as fast as writing to /tmp.
>> - There is now also current8x/9x/10x. Please give them a try.
>>

> rupert at current8x:~
> $ PARALLELMFLAGS="-l -j $(psrinfo | wc -l)"
>
> rupert at current8x:~
> $ echo $PARALLELMFLAGS
> -l -j 1
>
> is there only one thread, or did the way of querying it change?

There is only one thread. Build8x is a VM on VMware workstation on
Linux where current8x is a vSphere 4 VM, which has experimental
support for Solaris 8 which ESX 3.5 didn't have. Unfortunately the
idle detection doesn't work with #CPU > 1 on this environment where it
does work on workstation. As I want to turn some boxes off I can offer
to add current8x2, but that won't speed up your single build.